Still Sugar-Free and Going Strong

I love my sweets, and so for 40 days, I decided to give them up. Why? Well, I have found myself unwilling to do it unless it was for a good cause. I tried to do it for my health and got no where fast, but doing it for Lent... no problem. This also meant giving up Cajeta.
Cajeta, which is a Mexican caramel made with goat's milk and sugar.
I have now been sugar free for a month and it has been easier than expected. Being motivated by my faith has made all the difference in the world. I started eating non sugary things and made my own salsas. A side effect has been the improvement on my health. My sugars are within normal range, they haven't crashed in a long time, and I should find out what my A1c is sometime this week. 
Salsa Verde is delicious on so many things.
I think that come Easter, I will continue to stay off the sugar. I don't want to mess up a good thing :)

Comments

Popular Posts